Sunday, June 12, 2016

Today was a horrible day.

I didn't know  anyone at the club in Orlando, but having a gay son put this tragic event in the front of my mind. He is old enough to go to clubs and to dance the night away and I am afraid that I will someday be one of those parents that hears about a shooting or something and wonder if my son will be answering the phone when I call him or if I will leave a message that will never reach him. Or maybe one day I send my kids to school and then I get a phone call or hear the news that something has happened and my kids are now gone.
And that is wrong.

No Parent should wonder if their kid goes out, are they going to even come home? It isn't just clubs and alleyways...It is schools, movie theaters and malls. It's where people gather that someone comes along and feels slighted or bothered by something that they feel is a slight to them personally.

And it's not just what they use, but how they think they are using it. They think they are making a just and true statement of how things are. But the reality is that they have no idea how the world is functioning outside their closed off minds. And that is the scariest thing of all.

Because they just don't care.....

So yes I am for tougher rules for obtaining guns. People have proven that most cannot be trusted. So please stop giving them the chance to prove that. Stop making parents wonder if they will ever hear from loved ones again. Stop having people live in a state of fear from everyone around them just to make a few extras bucks. I don't care if you have guns as long as you have followed the rules and most gun owners who know the rules should be the first people in line to support the idea of holding others that don't care, responsible for their actions.

I just want to badness in peoples hearts to stop. We are all  different and instead of fearing or hating those differences, we really should be learning from them.


No comments:

Post a Comment