Thursday, June 16, 2016

Why is the writing so hard? I can hear the whispers of the story in my head but when I sit to write it down my mind goes as quiet as an empty house. Nope, Nothing here but us no sounds. And then I sit and stare at the screen of the computer hoping that what I heard earlier comes back....and nope, nothing...So I pack up the computer and try not to overthink things and the second I see the computer turn off...BOOM! the sound in my head comes back and the characters are chatting up a storm. I can see who is talking and where they are having the conversation.. So I think that maybe I should use a notebook because electricity seems to slow the creative flow...but no. I open the notebook and I swear i could hear crickets.
No one ever seems to give writers much credit when it comes to creating stuff. I write comic books and that is a huge effort. Not only do I have to write to portray a story, but I have top do so in a way that the artist can understand what I want to illustrate. I don't write in script form and that's on me. I write in short story form and honestly my first artist got me so well, he turned a page and a half story into a 6 page comic with no problems and it was as if he saw it in my head. So I know that my stories are telling the images I want.

The hard part is getting the damn thing written down in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment